Everyone is Welcome
We are a community that embraces God’s radically inclusive love. Everyone is welcome at the communion table.
We lay claim to the Biblical imperatives of:
- welcoming the marginalized
- giving voice to the oppressed
- honoring all people
We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons (LGBT) by:
- supporting their full participation in the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- working for LGBT ordination with More Light Presbyterians, That All May Freely Serve, and the Covenant Network of Presbyterians
- declaring ourselves a More Light church, officially affirming these values, in 1987.
- proudly flying the rainbow flag as a symbol of our welcome
We affirm the moral values of scripture to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)
Many wars have been fought in the name of Jesus Christ. We are committed to ending violence done in Jesus’ name. Here at Montclair we do not believe or insist that Jesus is the only way to God. In fact, we have many members and friends who would not identify themselves as “Christian” exclusively. Some of our members identify as “agnostic”, “spiritual”, Jewish or “Christian with Buddhist influences.” We welcome and accept beliefs that do not fit into a neat category or description. Our hope and call is to include you in our community, wherever you are on your faith journey. We invite you to use your head and your heart as we seek God together.