MPC welcomes everyone. Yes, that means you, too.
Montclair Presbyterian Church (MPC) is a progressive Christian community in the Montclair district of Oakland, CA. We are multigenerational, kid-friendly, social-justice oriented, and welcoming to absolutely everybody. On Sundays, our sanctuary becomes a place of inspiring music, thought-provoking preaching, and good humor. But every day, we do our best to be the kind of community God calls us to be: one of listening, caring, and recognizing the Holy in each other.
Who attends MPC?
Montclair Presbyterian Church includes people from Oakland and its surrounding communities: Berkeley, Piedmont, Alameda, San Leandro, Orinda, Walnut Creek and more. We also come from a wide range of spiritual places: some of our members identify as “agnostic”, some as “spiritual”, some as Jewish, and others as “Christian with Buddhist influences.”
While we’re different in many ways, we share a common desire to create a caring community and to make the world a better place. Wherever you are in your faith journey, we invite you to come along with us, bringing both your head and your heart, as we seek God together.
How do I learn more?
- Listen to recent sermons, read blog posts by our pastor, and listen to music from celebration
- See what we’ve posted to Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr
- Check out the Information for Visitors page
- Learn more about our Children and Youth programs
- Visit us on Sunday at 10am. We’ll happily answer any questions you may have.